Get Magazine Subscriptions For Cheap Using Ebay.

I know what you are thinking…no way would I buy magazine subscriptions on Ebay. But you might be missing out on huge savings if you are a magazine subscriber and you buy them at retail prices. Turns out there are legit resellers on Ebay who can sell subscriptions to major magazines and lots of people use them to save a lot of money.
Examples?

4 years of Maxim, Stuff and Blender for $5.50
3 years of Shape for $2.50
3 years of European Car for $8.94
3 years of Men’s Journal for $4.94

See what I mean? Be sure to check their feedback scores before ordering, but if you are a magazine subscriber, this might make a huge savings for you on all your magazines. Go to Ebay->Buy->Books->Magazine Subscription.

1. Anne says:

No way would I buy magazine subscriptions on eBay. 🙂 Seriously, the first few issues or even the first year might be fine, but a lot can go wrong in 3-4 years and you probably won’t have any recourse even if you still remember who you bought them from.

Honestly Anne, I thought the same thing. But a few people I know swear by this and have been doing it for a while. I guess you just have to look for people with great ratings that have been doing it for a while. Really, if the people are legit, then it is the same as if you bought a subscription from any other person..like the Girl Scouts or some school drive!

3. Debt Hater says:

The 67th Festival of Frugality right here!…

Welcome to the 67th Festival of Frugality!Save some cash, save the earth, save your health!There are a lot of good tips for saving in this week’s festival (and some thought provoking posts as well).Here are the best, arranged in categories…

4. Anne says:

I just remember when one of the big eBay magazine sellers went under. They had set up a sort of magazine ponzi scheme and when it collapsed, they hit the road, leaving a lot of people in the lurch. They had had glowing feedback until the scheme collapsed. Don’t get me wrong, I still think this is a great tip, but it is a little bit risky.

Oh it is risky Anne, for sure..but $4.00 for 3 years worth of some magazine…:-)

6. Anne says:

LOL. Frankly I think it might be worth it just to be able to say I fell victim to a magazine ponzi scheme.

I think I might just around saying that, now that you mention it. I think it would be a good ice breaker!

8. […] Cheap magazines on Ebay from My Two Dollars. […]

9. Julie says:

I always buy through Ebay, and I never bid more than $10 per subscription. I’ve been burned twice–both times the sellers had good feedback; One went under at Christmas and took a lot of folks’ money. The other one (more insidious and harder to take care of) placed the subscription but never paid so I wound up getting dunned by the magazine. I lost a total of $17. But I’ve been subscribing this way since 2004 and will continue to.

Glad to hear someone else uses this Julie…the risk is almost worth the savings!