Gas prices are skyrocketing lately…we are paying $3.70 a gallon for REGULAR unleaded here, and it cost me $50 to fill up the tank in our Mini Cooper the other day. Insanity! But thanks to a blog post I just saw over at Wisely Sunshine, there is something you can do about it. If you are willing to put an ad or 2 on your car, you might be eligible to receive prepaid gas cards to help stop the damage to your wallet.
The website that is doing this is called Free Gas Help…and I don’t know if it is legit or not, but it seems interesting. That is, if you don’t mind your nice ride being a billboard. Which I do. Why drive a Mini if it is covered with magnetic stickers? However, if you don’t mind, you might be able to make some cash on the side. If you decide to look into it, please let me know, I am curious what their deal is.
Here are the program requirements in case you are interested:
* Customer must drive a minimum of 1,000+ miles a month.
* Vehicle must be in good cosmetic condition.
* Vehicle must have valid auto insurance.
* Only the Registered Owner of the Vehicle may sign up for the program.
* Vehicle Drivers must have a good driving record. Proof may be required.
* Door magnets must be on the vehicle at all times, except during car washes.
* Customer is responsible for door magnets and other sign advertisements.
* FGH reserves the right to refuse any vehicle for any reason.
* FGH reserves the right to end the contract with the customer at any time.
* If advertisement is not found on the vehicle when spot checked, customer contract will end. Customer will then be responsible to reimburse FGH for all free gas received, and a $50 administration fee will be charged.
* If signs are stolen or lost, customer must contact our office within 24 hours.
* Free gas cards will be given out within 2 to 4 weeks AFTER the vehicle has been verified for advertisement.
* Verification of 1,000+ miles a month may be required. Proof may be required in the form of oil change receipts, repair receipts, etc.