Money Quote Friday – Red Sox Win Again Edition.

I know it’s a little late, but I am still celebrating my Red Sox and their World Series win. Who would have thought – twice in 4 years? Come on! My Grandfather, who was around when they won in 1918 and then passed away a year after they won in 2004, would be thrilled. I am sure he had good seats somewhere! Anyway, here is an interesting quote I found for this week’s Money Quote Friday:

What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us.“ – Julia Cameron

Keep that in mind when you are feeling trapped in your dead end job…many people, myself included, fully believe that money makes itself present and available when you do what you love. Maybe not at first, but eventually it shows it’s pretty face.

Have a great weekend!

1. Likewise, enjoy your Sat and Sun buddy

2. Ellen says:

Oh, come on, it’s been a whole week–it’s time to focus on the thrashing the Pats are going to hand out to the Colts! I’ve got them at -5 and I’m super-psyched for some high-quality pummeling.

Re: today’s quote:
    I have a sorority sister who’s working for ESPN now, editing footage for SC, and she’s the living embodiment of that quote. She makes decent money, but I think she’d do her job for free. Hell, so would I.

A whole week? I’m already ready for next season!

4. Ellen says:

Pitchers and catchers report in February! I’m psyched. Let’s go 2008 Red Sox!

Did you hear this about Lester and Buchholz heading down to hang out with Beckett in Texas during the offseason and “absorb and learn from his work habits and determination”? I’m so delighted at the prospect that I almost can’t believe it’s real–I hope to god NESN gets some cameras in there.

I didn’t hear about that…I think the entire staff needs to do the same. And as much as I hate to say it, I think Curt needs to hang it up…:-(

6. Ellen says:

I fully agree. Beckett is amazing, and I can’t wait to see him and his mini-Becketts next year. 🙂

I don’t know about Curt. I think he might still have something left. But whether he does or not, I think he’s not planning on staying with us–I heard he’s filing and shopping himself around a little.

He may have a little something left, but he really should bow out while the bowing is good. Every game he pitched this year made me cringe with fear that we were going to lose!

Maybe the Yankees can replace A-Rod with him 😉

8. Ellen says:

I would LOVE to see him go to the Yankees. 😉

As long as they don’t send A-Rod to us, that’s the key. I heard he’s terrible in the locker room, and I don’t want to have to like him.

Rumor has it he wanted $350 Million from the Yankees. Yea, right.

Just don’t come to Boston, A-Rod! Stay away!

10. Ellen says:

Yikes.

I think the Giants and the Yankees should just switch–Bonds for A-Rod. It balances out the payrolls quite elegantly. (And then the Sox should re-sign Mike Lowell and I’ll be eternally happy. :D)

And we dont have to take Bonds or A-Rod!

OK, I gotta go get something done! I could do this all day!

12. Ellen says:

Perfect all around!

I agree. The overflowing laundry baskets are calling my name, and including some ugly, ugly insults. Ellen out!