So What Was Your Favorite Gift This Year?

Dont worry, I am sure that your family does not read this site! Now that Christmas is over, what is your favorite gift that you received yesterday? I received several gift cards to the Apple store, which my family knows is one of my preferred places to shop. Also, my wife got me a cool fleece sweatshirt from Patagonia made from recycled plastic bottles – it is so comfortable! So while I figure out what to spend my gift cards on, what was your favorite gift this year? Oh, and I have some great stories about the first leg of the train trip for when we get back to Los Angeles!

1. glblguy says:

Airhogs helicopter and Guitar Hero II for the XBox 360

2. Mrs. Micah says:

Favorite was probably the digital camera from my parents. It’s my first digital one and the world is so full of possibilities!! I took 30 pictures yesterday (then deleted the ones I didn’t like)…I’ve never taken that many in a day! I’m hoping it’ll be useful for blogging, among other things. 🙂

(feels 7 years behind the times)

I also really like a poncho my grandma-in-law gave me. 🙂

3. Lazy Man says:

Tough call. I got a Belichick hoodie and a Tom Brady shirt.

4. It would have to be Guitar Hero III of my PS3 – my son and I have been having so much fun with this thing it is great!

The Dividend Guy

5. LJ says:

I really loved the toaster oven I got (our toaster recently burned up after 6 years), but my FAVORITE gift of all was watching my kids wake up on Christmas morning, if only they would face each day with such wonder and excitement!

Take Care
    LJ

Thanks for sharing guys, it’s always cool to hear about other people’s experiences with the holidays! And while I did not get a Wii, I did finally play one and damn, those are pretty cool…

7. Debbie M says:

Probably getting my oven fixed. The thermostat was off. It’s a beautiful old Chambers from 1951, but I couldn’t bake in it, and now I can!

But then I also quite enjoyed getting a new kind of barrette from a friend who also has long hair, a cookbook that explains why to do things in certain ways and which my sister and mom also own (so we can share our experiences with it more gleefully), and a cashmere sweater that someone accidentally shrunk almost to my size.

8. Tim says:

nothing. we didn’t get anything for xmas. granted, we didn’t give anything either. well actually, we gave some magic coffee beans to friends and family.

9. Elizabeth says:

My favorite gift came from my 13yo son. He took the time and effort to search on-line and found not one but two dessert recipes that I can eat (despite extensive food allergies). He printed out the recipes and presented them with the promise that we’ll do the cooking together.

Elizabeth that has got to be one of the best gifts ever!

11. fandd says:

My favorite gift was a set of heart-shaped measuring spoons from my sister. I love to bake so it was a thoughtful and appreciated gift.