While my wife and I were fighting off the flu this week, My Two Dollars took part in three money carnivals and festivals:
- Carnival of Personal Finance #139 at My Dollar Plan.
- 46th Carnival of Money Stories at Mrs. Micah.
- The Festival of Frugality over at Lazy Man & Money.
And here are the articles that caught my eye from the M-Network:
- Being Frugal is paying a lot to the tax man this year. So are we Lynnae, I guess someone’s gotta pay for our “stimulus” checks!
- Cash Money Life talks about something very important in Where Should You Invest First – 401(k) or IRA?
- Gather Little By Little follows up last week’s post with How to get a great deal on a new car – Part II
- Paid Twice is starting to build back up their emergency fund after a series of setbacks.
- Moolanomy has an interesting interview with a Certified Financial Planner. Good stuff here.
- Plonkee Money says don’t look for better than average returns, and I kind of have to agree. I will take average over chasing returns anyday!
- Single Guy Money asks if you have saved any money this week.
- The Dough Roller asks “Are you Saving Enough for Retirement? Check Out This Rule of Thumb“.
And a few more from my RSS reader:
- Money Ning says to Save Your Receipts To Promote Frugality.
- No Credit Needed deserves congratulations, now that he has been a Debt-Free Blogger For Two Years
- Silicon Valley Blogger is Slashing Our Budget By 25%: Our Latest Frugal Moves. Check out what is going on with her life and how they are preparing for her to leave the workforce for a while.
- Gen X Finance talks about Redefining Risk: Your Investments Aren’t as Risky as You Think.
- The Wisdom Journal has A Budget Controls Your Money Like A Dam Controls A River.
- Get Rich Slowly talks about Mortgage Prepayment Made Easy: Own Your Home in Half the Time.
- Millionaire Money Habits tells us when smoking can be good for you.