Whoo hoo, I have the house to myself this weekend as my wife and her friend head to the spa in the desert. Whatever will I do? Hopefully not sit in front of the computer 10 hours a day like I normally do! While I try to figure it out, check out what I was reading this week:
First up, My Two Dollars took part in 4 money carnivals and festivals this past week:
- The 32nd edition of the Carnival of Money, Growth and Happiness at Credit Card Lowdown.
- The Carnival of Personal Finance #140 ““ Prison Break Edition at The Financial Blogger.
- The Festival of Frugality at Mighty Bargain Hunter.
- The P2P Lending Carnival #4 over at Prosper Lending Review.
Thanks to everyone for hosting!
Here are some great articles from within the M-Network:
- Being Frugal asks “What Are You Paying For?” Great article, but where can you find preschool for $800 a year? It is about $16,000 on average here!
- Cash Money Life writes about The Choice of What is Right, and What is Easy. Good stuff, as usual.
- Gather Little By Little has Part III in his series “How to get a great deal on a new car“
- I’ve Paid For This Twice Already”¦ opens up with “It’s Official – We Owe More Than Its Worth.”
- Moolanomy has the ABC’s of Wealth Building.
- Plonkee Money talks about living on one income – the single life.
- Single Guy Money thinks he is growing up. I remember that moment, it’s a great feeling!
- The Dough Roller has an incredible article titled “Prosper vs. Lending Club SmackDown”“Who has the best interest rates?” Check this out if you plan on doing any P2P lending anytime soon.
And a few more from my news reader that I checked out this week:
- The Frugal Duchess is saving herself $1,000 a year by giving up sugar.
- My Dollar Plan has a great article “Leaving Money on the Table”¦. On Purpose!“
- Remodeling This Life says Just Because I Can Afford It Doesn’t Mean I Should Pay For It.
- No Credit Needed says that Paying For Three Kids To Go To College Is Going To Be Expensive. Good thing they can borrow some of it!
- Mrs. Micah asks “Who Do Your Financial Decisions Reflect On?“
- Money Ning has Reduce the Moving Expenses – A General Negotiation Tip.
- Five Cent Nickel has Twelve Tips for Preparing Your House for Sale.