This weekend I plan on having a little downtime as the next couple of weeks are going to be hectic…except for our couple of days away from phones, the internet and television while staying in a Yurt in Northern California. I cannot wait for that because everything else is going to be so busy. Curious? More on that later, but for now here is a nice roundup of goings-on this past week:
My Two Dollars took part in 2 carnivals this past week:
- Carnival of Personal Finance #142 – The Homeless Edition at The Baglady.
- Festival of Frugality #115 at Broke Grad Student
Some articles of interest from the M-Network:
- Being Frugal has some tips on finding the best budgeting tools.
- Cash Money Life talks about some tactics for negotiating your salary.
- Gather Little By Little thinks that peer to peer lending is a bad idea. I disagree, but he makes some valid points!
- Paid Twice says her dumbest purchase ever is not really an item, but rather is more of a mindset she had that led to a long string of purchases that were bad.
- Moolanomy has 10 great ideas on how to retire on less.
- Mrs. Micah, our newest member, tells us about her wisest purchase ever.
- Plonkee Money talks about some great customer service. I love stories like this!
- Dough Roller tells you how to go to Harvard for free.
And from some other friends around the personal finance world:
- Money Ning tells you how to get rich quick…or does he?
- Brip Blap continues his series 31 causes of failure: #2, Lack of a well-defined purpose in life.
- Generation X Finance has a great post up – Understanding Social Security Disability Benefits – Who’s Eligible and How it Works.
- My Dollar Plan is buying a new car and has some advice – Buying a New Car? Skip the Negotiations.
- No Credit Needed talks about A Taxing Situation – My Biggest Financial Regret.
Have a good Sunday!