In about a week, my wife and I are going back to New Mexico yet again to hopefully finalize the details on the house we want to rent. We are going to look at a few more while we are there, but we really like this one house we have been talking to the owner of. Our move should take place in June once she is done with the school year, but we are getting nervous – it’s hard to leave somewhere you have been for so long and leave behind our friends. However, we know it is what we want to do to change our lifestyle so it has to be done. While I contemplate moving 900 miles from the ocean, check out some articles that caught my eye this past week:
Articles From The M-Network:
- Being Frugal has the most amazing list of frugal ideas I have ever seen!
- Cash Money Life has tips on how to do a phone interview with a potential employer. Some valuable stuff there.
- Gather Little By Little wants your opinion on whether you should discuss money with your kids. I think you should…what do you think?
- I’ve Paid For This Twice Already”¦ turns 67 the year social security is set to run out – in 2041. I personally think they will fix the system by then, but you never know. By the way, I will be 69 in 2041 so maybe I will get two years in!
- Moolanomy discusses the cost of instant gratification. If there is one thing I am sure of, it is that the concept of not waiting till we can afford something is many people’s downfall.
- Mrs. Micah has a retirement plan involving her sister taking over the world. Well, I don’t see how that is possible, as that is what I plan on doing.
- Plonkee Money is looking for ways to cure her dissatisfaction. Can you help?
- Single Guy Money is taking a break from Netflix. I would cancel cable TV before I did that, as we watch way more movies than the crap that is on TV nowadays.
- The Dough Roller gets a question from a reader – Invest $15,000 in P2P lending or in a better mortgage?
Articles From My RSS Reader:
- Frugal Dad has a 48-hr Frugal Fast. Could you go an entire weekend without spending money? It’s a good test to take once in a while.
- Five Cent Nickel talks about one of my favorite (and hated) things – Pork Barrel Spending by our government.
- Brip Blap has a valuable post up about lack of discipline as a reason for failure. Check it out.
- Silicon Valley Blogger is outsourcing all her financial management needs – Sounds good to me!
- Money Ning wants you to learn to Reduce the Chances of Money Conflicts With Our Families.
- No Credit Needed talks about Paying Bills Vs. Money Management – The Difference Between Surviving And Thriving