In between my trips to New Mexico to arrange housing for us, my mom has decided to come visit Southern California one last time before we leave. And as long as American Airlines gets it’s act together, she is flying in this week and I get to play tourist in my own city again. Sure is fun seeing visitors react to seeing a celebrity here or there…good times. On to some articles that caught my eye this past week:
Articles From The M-Network:
- Being Frugal is reaping the rewards of her family’s emergency fund. Let this be a lesson to you in building up that fund!
- Cash Money Life tells us not to pay our taxes with a credit card. However, I did – and I am reaping the rewards from my rewards credit card. You have to make it worth your while in order to pay the extra 2.49% charge.
- Gather Little By Little is wondering why we still have to carry around cash. Personally, I keep cash on me just in case the power goes out for an extended period of time as living in California there is a good chance this could happen any time.
- I’ve Paid For This Twice Already”¦ says that sometimes it is about the amount of money you make, not just what you do or don’t spend. I agree – but I think it is about 90% what you spend vs. 10% what you make.
- Moolanomy has a great set of 7 money management tips for seniors. We sometimes forget that sometimes they need our help too!
- Mrs. Micah wants you to know how she got an iPod for nothing out of pocket. Can you make something like this work too?
- Plonkee Money talks about giving and the gift economy. Sounds good to me!
- Single Guy Money has the most reliable used cars.
- The Dough Roller talks about the Clintons’ tax returns – don’t me started on this!
Articles From My RSS Reader:
- My Dollar Plan reviews a new money making system that pays you to play ads for people who call you. The marketers stop at nothing!
- Money Ning talks about buying bulk with friends and how it can save money. Fantastic idea…
- Frugal Dad talks about surviving a company layoff. I remember the one and only time I got laid off like it was yesterday – we came back from Christmas break and found boxes on our desks. We filled them and went drinking at the bar next door…at 10:00am. Good times…
- No Credit Needed has decided to gather aluminum cans in order to pay for a new lawnmower. That is one expensive lawnmower that needs 64,000 cans to be turned in to pay for it!
- Mommy Gets Paid has part 2 of her series “Can You Afford to Work at Home?“. I love working from home – if you have a chance, go for it!