For the first time in a while I submitted something to the Carnival of Personal Finance, and this last edition happened to be hosted over at fellow M-Network member “>Gather Little By Little. My post was “How We Managed To Survive Financially After I Left My Corporate Job“. Thanks for hosting GLBL!
On to some articles that caught my eye this past week, in between playing tour guide:
From The M-Network:
- Mrs. Micah’s husband sent flowers to her…in Europe. See how you too can make your significant other very happy from a distance.
- Plonkee Money discusses The Debt Snowball method of eliminating debt. If you need help with reducing debt, you need to read this post.
- Single Guy Money discusses monitoring and getting your credit scores.
- Moolanomy has 15 tips for avoiding overspending for college students.
- The Dough Roller had Crate and Barrel destroy their living room. Wanna see? I know you do.
- Being Frugal had a customer service incident that would have given me a coronary.
- Cash Money Life fills us in on the future of Lending Club. I still don’t know what to make of this, but I am glad I resisted putting more money in my account there.
- Gather Little By Little talks about the top reasons people don’t budget. I would add one to the list – denial of their situation.
- I’ve Paid For This Twice Already”¦ says not to get a tax stimulus anticipation loan. I could not agree more with this advice.
And From My RSS Reader:
- Money Smart Life has The Costs of Being Overweight – How Much Money Can a Healthy Diet Save You? Good stuff here, check it out.
- Jim over at Blueprint for Financial Prosperity opened up a can of worms when he proclaimed that Bank of America sucks. Go read his post – and then make up your own mind.
- Money Ning wants to know how you can go to Vegas…and not gamble!
- Frugal for Life talks about buying items to save money in the long term. I agree with most of the things on this list, check them out.