If you are reading this on Sunday, we are actually in New Mexico yet again, hopefully finalizing our lease and looking at schools for my wife to work at in the fall. And yes, it is getting tiring going back and forth, but moving is a big deal and we want to make sure we have exactly what we want before packing up and getting out of Southern California. Hopefully when I get back later this week everything will be in place and I can write more about it! In the meantime, here are some articles that caught my eye last week before I left on Saturday, and be sure to check out some of the guest articles I have scheduled for this week!
From The M-Network:
- Plonkee Money has 21 resources for budget travel. Being in the UK, Plonkee gets to take advantage of rail travel. Too bad most of us here in the U.S. cannot!
- Mrs. Micah has started putting together her Alien Abduction Packet. Curious, aren’t you?
- Single Guy Money talks about When a Second Job is Not a Good Idea. I have to agree – working somewhere that will make you spend your paycheck is too much temptation!
- Moolanomy, who recently had a new baby, says here are 10 items and areas where I think it takes some care for new parents not too overspend their money.
- The Dough Roller talks about how home equity lines that may disappear in an emergency. Can yours be recalled or reduced under certain circumstances?
- Being Frugal has a great post up as usual titled “When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade“. Go check out it!
- Cash Money Life asks Do You Really Need a New Computer? Frugal Tips to Extend Your Computer’s Life. I couldn’t agree more with his tips if you have a PC…but most of these things wouldn’t need to be done on a Mac. Yes, I am one of those guys. 😉
- Gather Little By Little talks about dealing with temptation and the new BMW 1-series. We just bought one and we love it. Kidding.
- I’ve Paid For This Twice Already”¦ goes for a CT scan and confronts her own mortality. See, the dye they use can cause severe reactions in some people, so the quick-thinking PaidTwice wrote out a quick will. When I had mine done recently, I just said “go for it”… but then I wondered where the will was…
And From My RSS Reader:
- Ron at The Wisdom Journal has 6 Ways to Find Additional Money. Who couldn’t use more money?
- Madison over at My Dollar Plan as 43 tasks to get you ready for retirement. Since I am not close to retirement, I will have to adapt this list to my own life!
- Money Ning shares some valuable advice – “Don’t Save Money on Everything“. David, I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather, my thoughts are with you.
- No Credit Needed says that his $100-A-Day-Rule Prevents Impulse Buying. Great tips here for stopping impulse purchases!
- Father Sez asks an important question – “Are YOU ready for a 1930’s strength recession?” So, are you?
- Brip Blap talks about commuting to NYC from New Jersey…great story here, the cheering section made me laugh.
- Lazy Man & Money has some great tips on ways military families can save money on travel.