Well, it’s done – we are officially moving to Taos, NM on July 1st. After going back and forth several times, we finalized our lease on a 150 year old adobe house right in the center of town. Although eventually we want to move out to the rural area around Taos, for a while at least I can still walk everywhere I need to go, so we won’t need to buy another car anytime soon. Glad that is over with and we can concentrate on getting ready for the move. I imagine I will be writing about it in the coming months, and I will put some pictures up this week. And now that I am back in town, here are some articles I caught up on today:
From The M-Network:
- Mrs. Micah presents “For Homeschoolers: 4 Tips for Saving Money on Textbooks“
- Plonkee Money talks about starting and learning new things as an adult. A good read and something to keep in mind – just because we are getting older doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try new things.
- Moolanomy has some Practical Investing Guide For Beginners.
- Single Guy Money has some reasons for why you should be joining a credit union. I am a believer in credit unions, even though I only have 1 account with them. I should move everything over.
- The Dough Roller talks about the proposed “gas tax holiday” for the summer – “But the best one-liner goes to Senator Obama, who said “let me tell you, this isn’t an idea designed to get you through the summer, it’s designed to get them through an election.” I couldn’t agree more.
- Being Frugal talks about Urban Homesteading. I love this kind of stuff, and cannot wait to start homesteading in New Mexico!
- Cash Money Life talks about saving money with refurbished electronics.
- Gather Little By Little asks “What is a recession in the United States?“.
- I’ve Paid For This Twice Already”¦ has some tips on cutting wedding expenses. If you are looking for even more, I wrote about my thoughts on wedding expenses and some $.99 cent wedding favors.
And From My RSS Reader:
- My Dollar Plan wants you to be prepared for retirement – in two weeks!
- Money Ning is headed out on a frugal honeymoon.
- No Credit Needed has another step in his Debt Reduction Series – Planning For The Future
- The Digerati Life has some tips on coming up with that first down payment on a house.
- Sun’s Financial Diary has a great tip for Bank of America account holders – free museum admissions!
- Finally, Get Rich Slowly talks about Making the Move from Spender to Saver. Everyone should read this article, even if you consider yourself a saver already. It’s always good to remind yourself!