Get Paid To Recycle Your Old E-Waste.

If you happen to have old desktops, cell phones, flat panel monitors or laptops, you can now recycle them, and possibly even get paid for doing so. This website I found called My Boneyard is a licensed electronics recycler and markets itself as “The Simple, Safe and Smart Way To Recycle Electronics”.

They not only pay for shipping with prepaid shipping labels, but they also guarantee the removal of personal information from your electronics. I put in my old Treo and they were offering $30 for it, and the list of phones they have to choose from is very long. Recycling this stuff and getting paid to do so is way better than letting it sit in a landfill somewhere contaminating the groundwater, don’t you think?

Anyway, if you have some e-waste sitting around the house, you might want to check them out and see if you can get anything for it. And even if you can’t, you can at least have a place to safely recycle it, postage paid.

My Boneyard

1. payoff125k says:

Thanks for the link! I might have to recycle some of my older computers there.

However, the price they are offering for newer equipment seems really low.. $32 for a laptop that would sell for over $300 on eBay? I’ll stick with eBay for the newer stuff. ;)

2. fathersez says:

This is very good for the environment.

We have an old desktop that has to be thrown away. I am not sure if Malaysia hs something like this Boneyard, but I’ll do a search and check it out.

3. David Carter says:

Lol, who has old flat panel monitors they don’t want anymore? I still have a giant crt one. The odds of me recycling something that nice are pretty slim. I get pretty good use out of everything I have. Nobody usually wants it by the time I am finished with it :).

4. Marianna says:

hi ive got a dell inspiron
    and the screen doesnt work
    how much would you buy
    this off of me?
    wb asapp

5. William says:

Almost 40 years computers were stepping into our houses. At first they were enormous and slow as turtles, but every year they were more and more modernized, made smaller and cleverer. As today – computers are everywhere – in your pocket as Mobile Phone, in your car as driver’s helper, at your home, work or school as irreplaceable entertaining, work or learning tool. Of course, computing technologies never were cheap, so not everyone was able to purchase one or another electronics device, especially in poor Countries.

All these 40 years technicians and engineers were working hard to satisfy the customers – end user of one or another kind of electronics device. As a result, we have dozens of different gadgets – mobile phones, computers, laptops, etc. And what’s more stranger – we’re willing to get the newer and faster or smaller device. In that case, the old electronics we’re not using anymore are kept at closets or garages, without any purpose. Besides – it’s ecological problem too. Some of the materials that computers or mobile phones are made from are noxious; other’s decay time is very long.

Our goal is to make all these problems as smaller as possible. We‘re willing to buy Your old or unnecesary electronics and, if it functions, to sell them for people at poor countries for smaller price, that everyone could be more happy as possible – You‘d get some extra money instead of mummyfying the gadget in the closet or garage, so the poor boy could buy cheap laptop for school.

And if the device isn‘t functional – recycleyourdevice.com could happily collect it from You for responsable utilization. All you need to do – ship us the non-functional or unusable device. That will quarantee, that Nature will be less abandoned and you‘ll be able to breath more clearly air, cach more fish at rivers or sea, see more birds in the sky, feel more healthy, so more happy everyday – and that‘s not all what makes Ecology!

6. richard says:

find out if they’ve signed the Electronics Recycler’s Pledge of True Stewardship. The Electronics Industries Alliance has also compiled a list of questions you can ask to ensure your old television is handled responsibly.

little late..