According to a recent Time magazine, you could:
- Give each person in the U.S. $2,300
- Pay the income tax of every American making less than $500,000
- Fully fund the Defense, Treasury, Education, State, Veterans Affairs, and Interior Departments – as well as NASA
- Buy gasoline for every car in the U.S. for 16 months
- Buy every NFL, NBA, and MLB team, build each a new stadium, and then pay the players $191 million a year
- Or, you could pay off 7% of the $9.8 trillion national debt.
Sure puts that made up number in perspective, no? I am so glad that it failed, but I imagine they will just reword it and give the same amount away later this week.