Taking A Look At My ‘Work From Home’ Office.

I know this is not something that normally would have anything to do with My Two Dollars, but I have gotten a few emails over the last couple of months asking to see what my home office looks like. I never thought anyone would really care, but I guess I was wrong. And if you don’t care, I apologize in advance and feel free to skip over this post! I responded to each of these readers with emails and a few photos, but decided “hey, what the heck – why not throw them up on the site?”. I realize that many people often wonder how others are able to work from home (and some even send nasty comments telling me I am lazy because of it), which is why I wrote a few posts about how I make money and surviving after leaving a corporate gig in the past. But wanting to see pictures of where I do it? That was a first. So without further ado, for those of you who are interested, here are a few pictures of my home office where I spend a good majority of each day…

So, there you have it, for those of you who have asked – my ‘Work from Home’ workspace. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming…

1. Adam says:

I wish I was looking at that view all day! Breathtaking! I looked at parked cars while blogging. :-(

2. Matt SF says:

Excellent view!

3. Looks nice. All of that sunlight coming in must be wonderful. Good for you!

4. Miranda says:

It’s so nice to be next to a window! A well-lighted home office is a must for me.

5. Four Pillars says:

Looks pretty nice and clean! Thanks for sharing!

Mike

6. Frugal Dad says:

Sweet set-up! I’m currently blogging from a folding table I’ve set up in our laundry room, but have plans to close in our porch next year and covert the space to a home office.

7. Oh, wow nice monitor. I am jealous, mine is tiny and I have to squint to see anything. A good office is probably worth the investment, especially if you spend as much time as I do in it.

8. Sara says:

Sure wish I could have the company of my kitty while sitting at my desk at the office. She’d be lots more fun than my boss…

He is fun, but also a pain in the arse. :-)

10. JDM says:

Ok I’m jealous of the wide screen and the mountain view.

11. Peter says:

I am jealous of that widescreen as well. One day I’ll have that jumbo widescreen.

I liked the idea of this post so much, I did my own on my blog today. I find it very interesting to see where people are typing their posts from – I must say that view out your window is idyllic.

12. debtdieter says:

Could I have some of your snow please? It’s been 100 degrees Fahrenheit here in Sydney the last few days and I’m sick of being sweaty!

You work area is great, so streamlined and uncluttered.

13. Eric says:

What are you talking about…I loved this post! Amazing view and love the set-up.

14. nickel says:

My “work from home” space is our leather sectional. I put my feet up on the ottoman and fire up the laptop.

15. Adam says:

Sweet setup. I’ll have to post mine some time. For me having a dedicated office is what makes working from home possible. It provides the separation for the wife and kids to know that daddy is at work.

It was kind of funny the other day we ran into an old friend we hadn’t seen in a while. During the conversation they asked where I was working now and my son spoke up and informed them that daddy works “upstairs”.

That’s pretty funny Adam!