My friends are in the midst of finalizing their first home purchase this week, and after going through the home inspection with them, I have a new-found respect for people who really put the work into their home in order to help it sell. The house they are buying is immaculate, and a lot of it is because the current owners put a ton of effort into making it that way. They really wanted to sell it! After giving some thought to what they did to make it so attractive, I came across this article that talks about mistakes that some owners make when trying to sell, and figured I would share it with you in case you were trying to sell your house in this market. Here are the 10 common mistakes home sellers make:
1. Failing to vet your real estate agent.
2. Setting the price too high.
3. Waiting for a market rebound.
4. Skimping on listing photos.
5. False advertising.
6. Failing to incentivize buyers.
7. Waiting to fix up the place.
8. Taking offense at lowball offers.
9. Failing to make sure the buyer can afford the house.
10. Being inaccessible.
Read the details of each point here, and congrats to my friends on buying their first home!