In a sort of follow-up post to yesterday’s “How To Go About Finding A Job Online“, I thought it would be fun to ask you guys what the worst job you ever had was. Most of us have had those particular jobs that were just really bad for whatever reason, and I am no exception — I have had a few jobs that I just hated! I have been working since I was 13 years old and have done some pretty random jobs:
- Swept the floors in a hair salon.
- Prepared cars for auction (my worst job ever).
- Was a paperboy for many, many years.
- Did construction for a bit.
- Worked behind the counter at a drugstore.
- Ran one of those carts at the mall selling crap.
- Did a stint with an internet startup that then folded.
- Worked at 2 major movie studios.
- Was Director of Programming for a TV station.
- Traveled around the US filming car shows.
- Sold TV programming in Europe.
- And currently working for myself writing, editing, and doing web design.
In case you missed it, the worst job I ever had was the one where we prepared cars for auction. These cars would come in completely trashed and we would have to make them look brand new. It was horrible. What was the worst job you have ever had?