Sunday Money Roundup – Colorado Rockies Edition.

And by Colorado Rockies, I mean the baseball team, not the mountain range. While living in New Mexico is/has been fun, there is one thing I truly miss – and that’s professional sports. See, NM doesn’t have a SINGLE professional sports team, and I have never lived somewhere where I couldn’t get a ticket to a game within an hour or 2 drive. So this weekend I went to a Rockies game with my best friend and his 4 year old son in Denver and we had a blast. I miss professional baseball and look forward to the day when I can go to baseball games on a regular basis again. On to the roundup…

Cash Money Life wants to help you Pay Off Your Credit Cards in Half the Time.

Brip Blap talks about when it might be time to read the writing on the wall. Do you have my stapler?

Bargaineering has a great article up titled “Stay At Home or Pay for Daycare?” Be sure to head over and weigh in.

Money Ning wants you to Become Successful in Anything Worth a Damn>. But as long as it’s worth it to you, then it is definitely worth a damn!

Debt-Free Adventure wants to know if we should be paying kids’ allowances.

No Credit Needed asks Can I Rent A Car Without A Credit Card?

The Wisdom Journal has some advice for those of you looking for a bankruptcy attorney.

Being Frugal, as part of her Tightwad Tuesday series, has some Fun & Frugal Fall Activities for you and your family.

Good Financial Cents has some Credit Card Tips that Make Good Financial Cents. Read these and take notes!

1. Patrick says:

This is the first year in a long time I haven’t made it to a pro ball game… And there is a team only an hour away from me! I’m sure having a pregnant wife for the spring, then a newborn for the rest of the summer played a big role in that. 😉

I truly enjoyed it. Can’t wait to see more!

3. michele says:

I can sympathize because I am considering a similar move, one that takes me more than 50 miles from my favorite team and more than 300 miles from the neares MLB team (one that I despise at that). I can’t really imagine not being able to go to a game. However, if you take vacations you could plan them around ballgames.

I have been a season ticket holder to my local MLB team and to tell you the truth, for the first time in more than 10 years I went to significantly less games than I have in the previous seasons (50). With the economy the way it is, in addition to the price jacking at the ball park (ex last year 24 oz beer was $7, this year its a 16 oz beer for that) I think you can still be a fan without actually spending money on games. I just have to ask myself if its really worth it to spend so much money (especially the way they are playing)

4. Enrique S says:

I haven’t been to a game this year, given the prohibitive cost of tickets at both new ballparks. We did go last year for the final season at Yankee Stadium. Do the Dodgers still have a minor-league team in Albuquerque?

Yea, they do – but even that is 3 hours away!

I agree with you on the price – if I lived near “my” team, the Red Sox, not only could I not get a ticket, but I couldn’t afford it if I did! However, tickets are reasonable up in Denver for the Rockies, so it wasn’t all that bad.

7. Peter says:

I love going to baseball games – and my local team – the Twins – is getting a new stadium next year. We’ll have outdoor baseball again for the first time that i can remember. I can’t wait!

8. Enrique S says:

David,

I’m sure our teams will be meeting in the playoffs. The postseason wouldn’t be the same without a good Yankees-Red Sox scrap!

9. Enrique S says:

Peter,

Good luck against the Tigers. Maybe we’ll see you in the first round!

It all depends on tonight!