What Do You Use As A Wallet?

I remember growing up that my Dad had a wallet the size of Texas stuffed in his back pocket. I think every receipt from everything he had ever bought was being stored in there, along with a plethora of credit cards, work ID’s, insurance cards, business cards, and pictures of us kids. His back must have been killing him all those years! And while I never carried around that much stuff with me, I have always had a full-size wallet in my rear right pocket. A few credit cards, a few bucks, my license, my insurance card, a couple of business cards, and some random receipts was all that I carried – until a few weeks ago when I switched to a money clip only. I received this clip a few years back as a wedding gift/favor, and it had been sitting in my dresser drawer ever since. But now that I have switched over to it, I couldn’t be happier. Take a look:

money clip

All I carry now is my ID, 1 credit card, 1 debit card, 1 business card, and a few dollars – that’s it. It fits in my left front pocket without much ado (my right front pocket holds my iPhone), both protecting me from pickpockets and from backaches. I love my new setup, as I have realized I just don’t need to carry that much stuff around with me 24/7!

So this leads me to the reason for this post — what do you guys use to carry your money/credit cards/ID’s? A regular wallet? A money clip? A rubber band? What do you use? I am curious as to what the readers use to carry their “stuff” around each day. Let me know!

I use a leather “magic wallet”

Sounds dumb, but its great because its very thin, keeps any cash I have from plain sight, also has a couple of slots for a debit card and id, and fits in my front pocket very well.

2. Craig says:

My wallet was recently stolen and have changed my wallet style. I went for the money clip approach and just carry 1 credit card, 1 debit card, my insurance card, drivers license, and cash. I don’t know if I trust the clip aspect thinking things will easily fall out, but I can keep it in my front pocket.

3. Amphritrite says:

I use a business card holder – it’s just big enough for my DL, my debit card, my library card, my laundry card, and one or two business cards. It’s slim and clicks closed.

Sure beats carrying a purse!

4. Annie Jones says:

I’m with Amphritrite. Instead of a purse, I carry a wallet with my license, debit card, one credit card library card and a few coins and bills. It also has a key chain attached, so I have my van and house keys on it. Very, very rarely do I carry a purse in addition to my wallet.

5. Jesse says:

I got a iPaq a while bag that has a nice case with slots for ID cards and stuff. I have been using that fora few years though the ipaq died and I stopped using it months after getting it. The case is really nice and has room for everything

6. Avdi Grimm says:

I’ve used an “All-Ett” (http://www.all-ett.com/) for a couple years and I’m very happy with it.

7. dora says:

Had my wallet stolen once. So now I have a zippered small thing for cash/coin, ID separate in a business card holder, and cc’s,atm,store cards rubber banded in a zippered part of my purse. They take my purse, I’m done, they take just my wallet, it’s only my bit of money.

8. Lawrence says:

I use a business card holder.

9. garrett says:

slimmy.

10. Still carrying the traditional wallet–however, I do my best to keep it as clutter-free and empty as possible. Only 1 credit card, 1 debit card, small ammount of cahs, insurance cards. That’s really about it.

Great topic however, brings back memories of my father’s massive wallet.

11. Patrick says:

I use a combination of a money clip for cash and a very slim wallet for my cards – driver’s license, 2 credit (personal and business), ATM card, library card, insurance card, grocery store card. It fits comfortably in my front pocket and is less of a target for thieves. They aren’t getting it without my knowledge!

12. I received a duct tape wallet for my 18th birthday: http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/giftsforhim/5f21/

And I’m still using it more than five years later. It’s starting to show its age now, so I need something else, but I haven’t found anything yet. Probably something a little classier – there’s nothing quite like pulling my beat up duct tape wallet out of a cute little clutch purse to make me feel like a dork!

Yea, but you would be a cool dork, so it’s all good. 🙂