Went With The Comcast Triple Play; Hope They Don’t Let Me Down.

If you do a search for Comcast on the internet, you come across some complaints…actually, a LOT of complaints. (Really, all cable/communication conmpanies have a ton of complaints) And I am not happy that they limit the amount of bandwidth you can use per month, especially since I work from home all day. But I hated DirecTV even more than those issues, so hopefully these guys will be a little better. A few weeks ago I wrote about how much I would save by combining my TV, phone & internet, and after talking with a customer relations specialist, here is what my final bill and package looks like:

– $134 per month, including all taxes & fees
– Unlimited phone
– 12 mbps download speed internet service
– HDTV w/DVR service

Compared to the $152 per month I was paying in New Mexico for no HD and slower internet, this is a pretty good deal. I also got most of the set-up and installation fees waived just by asking, so if you are signing up for any new services you always have to ask. We set up the appointment for between 8-10am last Monday morning, and the guy showed up at 8:10am. Not bad for a first impression!

The guy that came to my place was incredibly nice and friendly, asked me exactly what I planned on hooking up, where I wanted all the “stuff” and a few other pertinent questions. In under an hour, my phones were working, my TV looked great, and I finally had internet service back after 4 days without it. It’s WAAAAAY faster than my old internet service in New Mexico, which is really great for 2 reasons:

1. I can finally do online backups of all my data from my computer. I am trying out BackBlaze for $5 a month.
2. My Blu-Ray player can stream high-quality movies over the internet from my Netflix account to my television. Sweet!

Overall, I have to say that I am pretty happy with the whole process of getting set up here at my new place and happy with the price. Hopefully it will continue and I will still feel like I made the right choice 6 months from now!

1. Craig says:

I have Comcast but don’t have this deal since I have no need for a landline. I personally do not like Comcast and if I had FIOS as an option I would switch right away.

2. Kayla says:

I’ve had Comcast on a few different occasions in the past. My experience was that the first bill I received was always screwy. They do things like automatically sign you up for stuff you don’t need/want and you have to call and have them unenroll you and then credit you those amounts. Other then that, the cable TV/internet was pretty good. So just keep an eye out for stuff like that.

3. If they do let you down–just fire them! There is almost always a better deal out there.

4. Kim says:

We’re stuck with Comcast or nothing – but hubby is a sports fan, and it keeps him from going to a sports bar to watch the games (costly!). I’ve had no extreme trouble with Comcast, but they do charge you for a router ($3/mo!), I’m trying to find a way to get around it.

Watch out for when you’re contract period ends – they won’t warn you and will jack up the prices. We just threaten to cancel (this has happened 2x) & they give us whatever their current deal is (usually equal to our former deal) – we’ve managed to keep our cable costs steady for 3 years running!

Thanks Kim!

6. Kijuana says:

Comcast will eventually rip you off. Make sure you read the fine print.Comcast came into our area a few years ago and we were so excited about it. They stated they would not change any of our channels that we had with our previous provider….(did I mention that they actually took over). Low and behold they eventually did. We were paying that exact amount of 135.00 a month for the triple play….but i think they failed to tell my husband that after 12mos the bill will go up. It went from 135.00 to 148.00 and now at the start of the New Year it is 180.00. So make sure you read the fine print of “12-24 mo promotions”. This is how they get you.

7. konccepts says:

Then New Mexico is a good deal for those people who want to use the three things saving money