Well, it’s the holidays and that means it’s time to travel. When you live 2000 miles away from everyone else in your family, guess what? You have to go to them as they all won’t be coming to you. And because I was planning on bringing my sick cat back east with me in the car, I never made train reservations – and I had to put the cat to sleep last week. Thus, I have no cat and no train ticket…so I will be driving anyway as the train tickets are absurdly expensive at the last minute. Hope it’s clear sailing and I don’t get stuck in a blizzard! On to the roundup…
In case you missed any of them, here are the articles published on My Two Dollars this past week:
- 31 More Days To Use Up Your Health Benefits For The Year.
- Why Do We Even Carry Cash Anymore? ““ Debit Cards=The Future Of Finance.
- How To Make Sure Your Finances Are In Order For 2010.
- Teachers ““ Don’t Forget Your $250 Tax Deduction.
- Updated List Of 0% Interest Balance Transfer Credit Cards.
- Grocery Poll 2: How Much Do You Spend On Groceries Per Month?
- The “12 Days Of Christmas” Items Are Only A Little More Pricey This Year.
- 6 Clever Uses For A Wet/Dry Vacuum
And here are a few great reads from some friends around the PF world:
Almost Frugal talks about going back to budgeting basics. I have definitely done this as of late.
The Wisdom Journal wants to help you avoid identity theft when away from home.
Five Cent Nickel says that obesity costs more than you think, and I couldn’t agree more. It’s a problem in this country, for sure!
Generation X Finance asks if the 401K is the biggest scam ever. Great article.
Good Financial Cents wants to know if women are saving and investing enough. Well, are you?
Cash Money Life talks about Traditional IRA or Roth IRA for Young Investors.
Free Money Finance has some information I have wanted for a LONG time – how to get Consumer Reports information online…for free.
The Digerati Life wants to teach you how to build a basic stock portfolio. I gave up on individual stocks years ago and now stick to funds, but if you are a picker then check this post out!
And finally, because it’s the holidays, Being Frugal shows you how to make the best cookies ever!